Related Posts with Thumbnails





.

cookie party

A friend of ours invited us to a cookie/gingerbread house making party on December 21st.  The girls were happy to go because of the kids and the cookies, I was happy for that too but I was also very excited to be in this kitchen, which is kind of my dream kitchen.  It has an "island".




Photobucket





We mixed everything together:



Photobucket





Rolled it out (on the island!) and got to work:





Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket






If our oven had a window on it, I never would have almost burned 144 gingerbreadmen. 

Well I probably still would have.





Photobucket




My girls wore their aprons.  :)



Time for decorating:





Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket





Then they all ran around like wild animals for 15 minutes:





Photobucket




It was a lot of fun, and we were still snacking on cookies well into the new year! 


I also did a lot of reflecting and I think I might have been a completely different person with a whole different life, if I had been fortunate enough to have an island in my kitchen growing up.  

If I had a reading nook and a kitchen island in my house, I would probably never leave.  And I would be very fat from all the baking I would do on my island.  And very smart from all the books I would read in my nook!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails