Related Posts with Thumbnails





.

Celebrating Mallory Mae Chanel Hungry Howard, Part 1: Games and Crafts





Mallory's party was so fun to plan! I happen to love the movie Tangled, which was our theme, and I had a lot of fun collaborating with Jesse to come up with games & crafts & decorations.






The invitations were simple enough, but I put them off until the night before Mallory would be handing them out, so it took 4 of us to put them together and get them all done. (Mallory was not one of the 4....she falls asleep early as I've said before)













Photobucket
























I got the idea for it online, and I took a chance that people would understand what it was:
















Photobucket











(It's Rapunzel's hair hanging the window of her tower)



















Then all the party details were inside:











Photobucket



















I don't mind at all that some of the little boys ripped the hair right off and that no one rsvp'd. Not at all. :)






I did my tissue paper poms like last year....we hung criss-crossed twine above the yard and hung streamers and poms from it.












One of the lines of twine hung a bit too low and the kids thought it was fun to try and grab the poms:














Photobucket



































Our first "craft" was to graffiti my Nana's walkway with sweet little drawings by Mallory and her party guests:




















Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket





















One of my lovely "assistants" helped me sweep and rake that walkway and I appreciated her so much.



















My other lovely assistant helped me with some vital pieces for one of our games:




















Photobucket




























This year's variation on "pin the tail on the donkey" was "pin the nose on Flynn Rider". It's a running joke in the movie that they "never get his nose right" on the "wanted" posters:








Photobucket











So the party guests set about to pin his nose on:
















Photobucket






Photobucket



















In the end he looked like this:




















Photobucket





























Also in the movie, a big thing is the paper lanterns that appear in the sky every year on Rapunzel's birthday:














Photobucket



















So for our craft we made pretty paper lanterns:









Photobucket
















We hung them all from one of the pieces of twine until the party was over. They were very pretty and festive:









Photobucket












Then eventually all the guests took theirs home:









Photobucket





In the movie, when Rapunzel's hair gets cut, it turns brown and loses it's magical powers. So for "hot potato", we used a braid of brown hair for the kids to toss around:








Photobucket


























Photobucket











They seemed to have a lot of fun with that......it was cute.





0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails