Related Posts with Thumbnails





.

Dolls & History




I found this super cute "fabric doll" quilt panel on the internet. It came with a girl and a boy doll, and lots of little outfits. I ironed thick fusible interfacing to the back, cut all the dolls out, then offered them to my girls.




I was sure they were too old to play with baby stuff like this, even though I thought they were so cute!






Photobucket






But surprisingly, they loved them. Because of the interfacing on the back, you can just gently set the outfits on the doll and they stay put. So they really are like paper dolls. We now have a box full of these cute little people and their many outfits.






Photobucket

Photobucket






Next up on my to-do list is to make a flannel board for the dolls to adhere to so the girls can more easily act out little scenes with them and stuff.




As they are though, the girls have spent tons of time playing with them. I even got roped into it...and it was fun.




Then we cuddled and read a book...







Photobucket








...and then cuddled some more and watched history unfold:







Photobucket






Arissa was on the computer and the girls just wanted to get back to those fabric dolls, but I insisted they come and watch just the President's speech at least.




All 3 of them are aware on some level of what September 11th is, and after some careful explaining, they sort of understood the connect between that and the man that the president was talking about. They obliged me, and sat there perfectly quiet just up until the final "God bless America" then they were back to their fabric dolls and computer games (and me, back to watching them have fun)....just as it should be.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails